Updated: Feb 17, 2022
This vegan Japanese ramen has been taste-tasted by my family more than 4 times and finally they are now satisfied with the taste.
It's thick, creamy, savory and nutritious!
In my family, I'm lean more on the vegan/vegetarian side than the rest of them.
How about your family?
This vegan Japanese ramen is something that all family members can equally enjoy!
<VEGAN JAPANESE RAMEN/ ビーガンラーメン>
<Prep time> 3 minutes (does not include the time to soak the dried shiitake mushrooms)
<Cook time> 20 minutes
raw ramen noodles
2 cups water
1½ cup onion, chopped
2 pieces dried shiitake mushroom
5cm piece kombu
1 clove garlic
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon yellow miso
1 tablespoon tahini/ nuts butter
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon Mirin
1 teaspoon gochujang
1 teaspoon chili oil
crispy fried onions
toasted sesame seeds
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms and kombu in water overnight.
2. Chop the onion and garlic finely. Caramelize them by deglazing with a splash of water. When the onions and garlic wilt and become browned, add in the kombu & shiitake broth (step 1) and simmer for another 15 minutes.
3. In a serving bowl, mix together the soy milk, soy sauce, yellow miso, mirin, tahini/ nuts butter and gochujang.
4. Cook the noodles according to their package instructions. Sauté the asparagus with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the steaming hot soup (step 2) into a serving bowl (step 3). Mix until everything is fully dissolved. Add in the cooked noodles. Garnish with your toppings. Drizzle on chili oil if you want. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※watch more tips on my video!
・If you can't find dried shiitake mushrooms, you can swap for a mushroom bouillon cube or vegetable bouillon cube. If that's the case, please adjust the taste by adding more or less miso paste and soy sauce.
・Ramen noodles contains eggs. You can swap ramen noodles for pasta noodles, soba noodles, udon noodles and rice noodles.
・Make sure the sauces are fully dissolved when you mix it into the soup.
<Recommended side dish>
Keep the noodles and soup separately in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!