<VEGAN MATCHA COOKIES>
Updated: Feb 1, 2022
<VEGAN MATCHA COOKIES/ ヴィーガン抹茶クッキー>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes
<Cook time> 15 minutes
150g white chocolate (any kind of chocolate)
1 cup (90g) almond flour
⅔ cup (90g) all purpose flour
⅓ cup (40g) granulated sugar
5 tablespoons (50g) neutral oil
1½-2 teaspoons matcha powder
1 tablespoon (15g) soy milk
2 pinches salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320℉. Mix together in a bowl the oil, soy milk, sugar and salt. Mix until everything is well combined.
2. Add in the all purpose flour, almond flour and matcha powder. Combine everything together with a spatula. Knead the dough by hand until it comes together. Roll out the dough to a ½ inch thickness. Make a heart shape with a cookie cutter. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake them in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, break the chocolate into small pieces. Make a bain-marie (place the mixing bowl over a pot with boiling water) and melt the chocolate until smooth.
4. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Dip the cookie into the melted chocolate. Once the chocolate has solidified, they are ready to be enjoyed!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
・The cookies themselves are not too sweet. You will definitely need some kind of chocolate or powdered sugar to coat them with.
・If you want a more pronounced match flavor, please use 2 teaspoons of matcha powder. I'm adding 1½ teaspoons in the video.
・Try not to over-bake the cookies, otherwise you will lose the vibrant green color.
Store them in an air-tight container for up to 3 days .
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!