Updated: Jan 27, 2022
<MISO CARROT SOUP/ 味噌人参ポタージュ>
＜Yield> 4-5 servings
<Prep time> 8 minutes
<Cook time> 15-20 minutes
2½ cups soy milk
2 cups carrot, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup tomato, diced
1 tablespoon rice oil (any high smoke point oil)
½ vegetable bouillon cube
½ teaspoon salt
1. Roughly chop the carrots and onion. Dice the tomato. To a pot over high heat, heat the oil. Add in the carrots, onions and then sprinkle with salt. Keep stirring the vegetables until they wilt which should take around 10 minutes. Add in the diced tomatoes and continue to cook for another 7 minutes or until all the vegetables are fork tender.
2. Add in the soy milk and half of a vegetable bouillon cube. Once the vegetable cube has dissolved, blend up the soup with an immersion blender. Add the miso paste into the soup by dissolving it. Adjust the final taste of the soup with salt and black pepper. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If the soup is too thick or too savory then please add more milk to your liking. Also adjust the final taste of the soup with salt before you serve it.
2. Use any milk you like.
3. I don’t recommend red miso for this recipe.
4. If you want to speed up the cooking process then chop all the vegetables into small pieces. Make sure to caramelize the vegetables first before adding in any liquid.
5. Depending on the type of miso and bouillon cube you use, the sodium ratio will need to be adjusted.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!