<MISO RAMEN/ 味噌汁リメイクラーメン>
＜Yield> 1 servings
<Prep time> 8mins
<Cook time> 10 mins
1 cup leftover miso soup
1 tbsp Mirin
1 cup (200ml) water
1/2 cup (100ml) unsweetened soy milk
1 tsp yellow miso
1 tsp soy sauce(Optional)
black pepper ( as much as you want)
½ tsp Toasted sesame oil
1 serving Ramen noodle
Topping ( Not optional)
½ cup 50g Chopped cabbage
½ cup 50g sliced carrot
½ cup 50g sliced onion
½ tsp grated garlic
1 tbsp shio koji/ ¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp canned corn
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1.(Make soup)Into the leftover miso soup, add mirin and water. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low. Add soy milk and dissolve miso paste. Make sure not to boil the soup.
Feel free to adjust the taste by adding soy sauce or miso paste at this point. Off the heat and set it aside.
2. (Topping) Chop cabbage into big bite size pieces. Thinly slice onion and carrot. Grate garlic. To the pan, add 1 tsp of oil along with cabbage, carrot, onion and grated garlic all at once. Cook it on high for 2 mins. Add shiokoji/ salt , then cook for another 2mins.
3. Cook noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the water.
4. To the bowl, ladle your soup. ( Make sure it’s piping hot). Add noodles and toppings along with corn, chopped spring onion, black pepper and toasted sesame oil.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Try not to boil the soup after adding soy milk and miso paste.
2.Depending on the miso soup, you might want to add more or less miso paste. Feel free to adjust the taste to your liking. Feel free to scale up the portions but don’t forget to do the taste test.
3.I prefer to cook the noodles at the end when the soup is ready. Keep it slightly undercooked.
4. Corn is MUST-HAVE in my kid's opinion! ^^
It's the best to eat right after it’s served.