<MISO SOUP IN HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH>
Updated: Jan 19, 2022
<MISO SOUP USING HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BROTH/野菜だし味噌汁>
＜Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 27 minutes
vegetable scraps (the pieces you'd normally toss it away such as the skin of onion, green part of leek etc...)
1 cup enoki mushroom, separated from stalk
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup carrot, chopped
½ cup turnip leaves, chopped
1½-2 tablespoons yellow miso
1. To make the vegetable broth add the vegetable scraps into the water. Simmer for 20 minutes with a gentle boil. Let the broth come down to room temperature (avoid using a rapid boil since it will create a bitterness taste from the vegetables).
2. Strain the broth and return it back into the pot. Add in the chopped onions, carrots and enoki mushroom. Simmer with the lid on until all the vegetables are fully cooked.
3. Add the chopped turnip leaves, cover the pot again and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Dissolve in the miso paste. Divide into serving bowls.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any vegetables you have on hand for making both the broth and miso soup. Carrots, corn, onions and Chinese cabbage are my favorites.
2. Use any miso paste you like. If your miso is high in sodium then please reduce the amount of miso paste used.
It can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!