Updated: May 12
<NORI SEAWEED PASTE/ 海苔の佃煮>
＜Yield> 2 serving
<Prep time> 2 minutes
<Cook time> 15 minutes
5 sheets nori seaweed
1½ tablespoons sake
1 tablespoons Soy sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kombu dashi powder/vegetable dashi powder
1. To a pot add water, soy sauce, sake, kombu dashi powder and sugar. Once it comes to a boil then add the nori seaweed tearing it into small pieces by hand.
2. Cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes until it thickens. Stir continuously to prevent it from burning. When it reaches a paste-like consistency, remove it from heat and transfer to the container immediately.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If you don't have kombu dashi packet you can use dashi powder (this is not vegan). You can also swap water in this recipe for homemade soup stock. If that's the case then there is no need to add in the stock powder. Please adjust the taste by adding more soy sauce or salt at the end.
2. Feel free to splash in some water until the nori paste thickens and becomes paste.
3. Make sure to transfer the nori paste into the container as soon as it becomes a paste, otherwise the nori will start to stick at the bottom of your pan.
4. Some kombu dashi powder does contain fish, so please read the label carefully.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!