Updated: May 12
<SIMPLE VEGETABLES SOUP/ 簡単野菜スープ＞
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes
<Cook time> 10 minutes
3 cups water
300g sweet potato
70g daikon radish
1 tablespoon dried wakame seaweed
1 tablespoon salted rice malt or ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Mirin (optional)
1. Chop the sweet potato into small chunks. Thinly slice the onion, daikon radish and carrot into half moons.
2. To a large pot add water, sweet potatoes, carrots and daikon radish. Add shiokoji OR salt and cook on high with the lid on. Once it comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until the vegetables are softened.
3. Add wakame seaweed and soy sauce. Have a taste and add more salt or mirin if needed. Serve in a bowl and garnish some green onion or any fresh herb that you like.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
- Feel free to change up the vegetables! I recommend adding root vegetables such as carrot and onion to give a natural sweetness to your soup.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 11/ 13 MIWA