Updated: Feb 4, 2022
Learn how to make the perfect Japanese tamagoyaki (tamago) learning from my mistakes!! Japanese tamagoyaki is a popular Japanese egg omelette made with fluffy egg layers.
If you have ever made tamagoyaki before, you might have experienced that it ended up becoming burnt, too runny or having holes. haha
In this video, I will give you 4 tips to make a perfect Japanese tamagoyaki by reflecting on my mistakes!
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 2 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
1 tablespoon granulated sugar,
1 teaspoon mirin
½ teaspoon soy sauce.
¼ teaspoon fish stock powder
1.Whisk the three eggs until you reach a uniformed yellow color.
2. Add in the sugar, fish stock powder, mirin and soy sauce. Mix them well.
3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Grease the pan well. Pour ¼ of the egg mixture. Spread the mixture evenly on the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Once cooked start rolling from the top towards you little by little with the chopsticks.
Grease the pan again and then slide the rolled egg omelette to the top. Pour ⅓ of remaining egg mixture into the pan. Lift the rolled egg omelette so that the uncooked egg mixture goes under the roll. Once cooked, rtart rolling again towards you.
4. Repeat the same process twice.
5. Transfer to a sushi mat or a clean cloth. Cover the egg omelette to rest. When it’s cool enough to touch, cut into pieces. Enjoy with grated daikon radish if you like.
<Miwa’s tips>※more and more tips on YouTube!!
・Make sure the pan is well heated before you pour in the egg mixture.
・Keep the heat medium-low while you are cooking.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!