Updated: Jan 20
<TOFU POKE BOWL/ 豆腐ポキボール>
＜Yield> 3 servings
<Prep time> 12 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes (doesn’t include the time to cook the rice)
3 servings cooked rice, cooled
200g firm tofu
1 cup Asian cucumber, diced
4 cherry tomatoes
¼ cup shiso basil, thinly sliced
½ cup green onion, finely chopped
½ cup broccoli sprouts
3½ tablespoons Soy sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
½ tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon wasabi paste (as much or as little as you like)
1-2 cloves garlic, grated
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed
1. Dice the cucumber, tofu and avocado into ½ inch dice. Finely chop the green onions. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Thinly slice the shiso basil. Trim the ends of the broccoli sprouts.
2. Microwave the mirin for 1 minute at 600w to burn off the alcohol. Alternatively, bring the mirin to a boil on the stovetop and keep cooking for an additional 30 seconds.
3. For the dressing combine the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, wasabi, garlic, lemon juice and toasted sesame seeds in a bowl. Add in the cucumbers, avocado, tofu and cherry tomatoes. Toss to coat.
4. In a bowl add in the cooled rice. Top with the dressed vegetable-tofu mixture from step 3. Garnish with broccoli sprouts, green onion and shiso basil. Lightly drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the rice. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Adjust the amount of garlic and wasabi paste to your liking.
2. If you want to reduce the amount of soy sauce used, then adjust the recipe to add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Then add in more wasabi, garlic and fresh herbs to give it a kick. Alternatively, keep the same ratio of ingredients and simply try not to use up all the remaining dressing.
3. Shiso basil is interchangeable with any other fresh herb such as coriander.
Store the dressing and the ingredients in the fridge separately and combine just before serving. The dressing will last up to 1 week.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!
2021/ 07/ 17 MIWA