Updated: Jun 25, 2022
I'm dedicating this cold tomato pasta salad recipe to any tomato lover!!!!
This pasta salad is extremely refreshing. It's probably one of the most refreshing summery recipe I've ever posted!
You may feel like consuming the tomato sauce is just as enjoyable as eating the pasta itself.
I make this when I really felt like not cooking or eating during our crazy humid summer in Tokyo.
A kind follower of mine told me that this tomato cold pasta is originally a Mexican recipe??
Do you know of any similar recipes??
Let me know on my Instagram !
Anyways, enjoy the taste of summer!!
<COLD TOMATO PASTA SALAD>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 7 minutes
<Cook time> 2 minutes
angel hair pasta / somen noodle
3-4 large ripe tomatoes (500g)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons grainy mustard/dijon
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt (plus extra salt for final taste adjustment)
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a pot bring the water to a boil. Remove the tomato stems and score the tomatoes with an "X" at the bottom. Place the tomatoes gently into the boiling water and boil for 10-30 seconds or until the skin is slightly coming off. Transfer them into an ice bath. Peel the skin from the tomatoes.
2. In a large bowl add in the cooked tomatoes and the pasta sauce ingredients listed above. Puree them with a blender. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill the liquid.
3. Cook pasta and let it cool by rinsing it under tap water. Drain the water completely.
3. Toss the cooked pasta together with the sauce. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Serve it on a plate and garnish with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil if you want to.
・You don't want to boil the tomatoes too long in step 1.
・2 tablespoons of mustard is a little too pungent for kids. Please adjust the taste to your liking.
・You need to have VERY ripe tomatoes for this pasta!!! This is everything you need for this recipe. haha
・Be sure to chill the pasta & sauce before you serve it. The colder it gets, the tastier it becomes.
<Recommended side dish>
Store the noodles and sauce separately in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
<Did you try this recipe??>
Let me know by tagging me on Instagram
I love to see your creations!
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!