Simmered spring seasonal vegetables in soy sauce base dashi broth.
This is the simplest, yet the best dish to embrace the taste of spring vegetables !
<VEGETABLE NIBITASHI/ 春野菜の煮びたし>
＜Yeild> 2 servings
<Prep time> 5 mins
<Cook time> 5 mins
½ cup broccoli
6 snap peas
1 cup ( 250ml) dashi ( water 250ml + 1 dashi packet)
⅓ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking sake
1. Cut broccoli into florets. Remove the strings of snap peas. Remove the outer tough layer of asparagus by peeling ⅓ of the bottom part. Cut into half.
2. Add all the marinade into the pan. Bring it to a boil. Add broccoli and bottom part of asparagus. Blanch it for 1 min.
Add snap peas and the rest of the asparagus. Blunch it for another 1 min. Transfer to the container. Let it cool and keep it in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. Use any vegetable on hand( onion, bell peppers , spinach, corn, edamame etc).
2. Try not to overcook as it continues to cook in the residual heat.
3. It’s the best when it’s chilled.
Keep it in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 days.
☆Join our IKIGAI COOKING CLUB (membership) to meet Japanese food lovers all over the world. This membership will help you to establish a healthy cooking habit by incorporating more Japanese cooking into your life!