Updated: Apr 6, 2022
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do♡
Tag me on Instagram if you make it!
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel for future Japanese recipes!
＜Yield> 2-3 servings
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Wasabi
1 teaspoons honey or sugar
finely chopped leeks
1. Sprinkle some salt over a cutting board then place on the cucumbers. Start rolling the cucumbers on the cutting board to rub in the salt.
2. Make diagonal slit halfway through the cucumbers but make sure to not cut all the ay through. Flip the cucumber over to complete the diagonal cuts.
3. Mix all seasonings listed above.
4. Toss the cucumbers in the seasons and now they're ready to be enjoyed!
・By rubbing the cucumbers in salt it helps to retain its bright green color and helps to absorb the seasonings.
・Please adjust the amount of wasabi paste since it's pretty pungent.
・If you are sensitive to wasabi, leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes first. The taste will become more mild when you leave it longer.
・This way of cutting the cucumber helps to absorb more seasoning + is more presentable! Haha. However, you can always cut in small chunks as you would normally do if you like.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!