Updated: Mar 11, 2022
Yaki udon is the ultimate easy, tasty stir fry noodle dish!
Yaki udon is the best option for a busy weeknight or weekend lunch!
Enjoy and please watch my YouTube video before you get cooking in your kitchen to learn 3 tips!
For my vegan friends, here is the VEGAN YAKI UDON (^^♪
<YAKI UDON NOODLE STIR FRY/ 焼うどん>
＜Yield> 1 serving
<Prep time> 4 minutes
<Cook time> 5 minutes
1.7oz (50g) thinly sliced pork (shabu shabu pork)
1 clove garlic
⅙ head cabbage
1 cup carrot, shredded
1 cup leek, sliced
200g frozen udon noodle
1 tablespoon oil
2 pinches salt
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
any fresh herbs
1. Separate the stem from the leaves of the cabbage. Slice the stem thinly. Roughly chop the leaves. Shred the carrot into strips. Slice the leek thinly. Chop pork into bite sized pieces. Slice the garlic. Mix equal parts of soy sauce, rice wine and oyster sauce together in a bowl.
2. Pop the udon into the microwave at 600w for 2 minutes. Drain the moisture from the noodles and mix with 1 tablespoon of oil.
3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Place in the pork and cook them until they are cooked through. In goes the sliced cabbage stems, leeks, carrots and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook them for another 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Add in the udon noodles and sauce. Cook them over high heat for another 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with some toasted sesame oil. Transfer to a plate and garnish with some chopped green onions, aonori seaweed and bonito flakes. Now it's ready to be enjoyed!
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
・Chop all the veggies into small pieces to minimize the cooking time.
・ Udon noodles should be undercooked in step #2. You can also boil the frozen udon noodles for 1 minute. Drain the moisture from the noodles as much as possible.
・Keep the high heat through out the cooking process. Get your pan moving to prevent it from burning.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!