Have you seen my frozen miso minced pork recipe?? If you haven't make sure to check it out first!
Today's recipe is a weekday diner idea of how to turn frozen miso minced pork into actual dishes.
My frozen miso minced pork can last for 3 weeks in a freezer plus it's already seasoned! So all you have to do is cook it along with some other ingredients during a weekday.
This time I jazz it up with tofu! Enjoy this simple, easy mabo tofu!
<Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 3 minutes
<Cook time> 10 minutes
1 sheet frozen miso minced pork (https://www.shinagawa-japanese-cooking.com/post/frozen-miso-minced-pork-prep-meal-idea)
1 block tofu
1 cup green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon tobanjan paste
1/2 teaspoon Soy sauce
1/3 teaspoon potato starch mixed with 1 teaspoon water
Japanese 7 spice
1. Cut the tofu into approximately 2cm squares.
2. Break the frozen pork mixture inside of the plastic bag. You don't need to defrost it beforehand. In a skillet, cook the pork mince over high heat. Once one side became charred, flip it over and start breaking them into small chunks with your spatula. Splash in the water and then add in the tofu. Cover with a lid and steam it for 2 minutes.
3. Open the lid and add in the potato starch dissolved in water. It’s important to pour the starch over the liquid in the pan, then mix it thoroughly. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened.
4. Drizzle with some soy sauce and some sesame oil and then transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with some green onions and Japanese seven spices on top if you like. Now it's ready to be enjoyed♡
- You can swap out the tofu for eggplant.
-Please feel free to season with salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- If you are leaving out the tobanjyan paste, then please add additional 1/2 tsp of salt.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!