<MISO YOGURT PICKLES/ぬか漬け風漬物>
＜Yield> 2 servings
<Prep time> 10 minutes (does not include marinating time)
<Cook time> 0 minutes
1 small(80g) carrot
1 small(80g) cucumber
50g daikon/ turnip
4 tbsp (100g)soy yogurt/ regular yogurt
3 tbsp yellow miso
1. Thinly slice ( about ¼ inch) carrot, cucumber and turnip.
2. Into the container, mix miso paste and yogurt. Add vegetables ( step1) and toss them to coat. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 16 hours to Max 48 hours. Rinse the marinade under the faucet and transfer to the plate.
<Miwa’s tips> ※Watch more on YouTube!
1. If you want to keep more than 2 days, make sure to wash off the marinade then keep it in the container otherwise pickles would be too salty.
2. Soy yogurt is the best for this recipe.
3. Leftover marinade can be utilized in soup such as tomato soup and miso soup. If you add your choice of oil to the leftover marinade, it makes a delicious dressing. No wasting^^
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days after removing the marinade.
★Do you need any help on starting Japanese cooking at home? Click here!