Updated: Apr 22
My ultimate breakfast is a bowl of rice along with miso soup. Since many Japanese foods contains fish stock, you may have to go and find a vegan restaurant.
So why not make it yourself??👧
Breakfast is the most important meal for me to give me the energy to be ready for a brand new day! I wish your day will be a delightful one by making this hearty authentic vegan miso soup. Don't forget to check the vegetable mixed rice which pairs perfectly with this miso soup.
Vegetable mixed rice↓
Tag me with your creation on my Instagram!
<Yield> 4 servings
<Prep time> 5 minutes (doesn’t include soaking time)
<Cook time> 10 minutes
900ml water, divided
35-40g yellow miso paste (depends on how salty your miso paste is)
1/2 fried tofu
1 tablespoon wakame seaweed
1. Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms into 500ml of water overnight. Also soak the kelp in 400ml of water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Squeeze the dried shiitake mushrooms to let the juice come out. Allow the juice to go back into the mushroom broth. Cut them into thin strips and set aside. Cut the carrot and onion into bite sized pieces. For the fried tofu, pour boiling water over the fried tofu to remove the oil. Squeeze the excess water from the tofu, dry, then thinly slice them.
3. In a pot add the shiitake mushroom broth and the kelp broth (with the kelp). Turn on high heat and take out the kelp before it starts to boil completely. After taking out the kelp, add in all the vegetables and cook it until they are all fully cooked.
4. Lastly dissolve the miso paste into the soup. Add the miso paste into a ladle and dissolve it completely before you mixed it into the soup otherwise you will have miso lumps in your soup. Please feel free to adjust the saltiness by adding or reducing the amount of miso paste used.
-You can add any vegetables or tofu.
-Never boil the soup after dissolving the miso paste to preserve the flavor.
Store it in a pot for 1 day.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!