Updated: Feb 10, 2022
This tuna mayo onigiri is a perfect option for a bento box, potluck and just for snacking!
I especially love the extra crunchy bites from the pickles in this tuna mayo onigiri recipe!
For more onigiri recipes, check out the links below!
<TUNA MAYO ONIGIRI/ ツナマヨおにぎり>
＜Yield> 2 servings (2 rice balls)
<Prep time> 6 minutes
<Cook time> 0 mins (does not include time to cook rice)
½ teaspoon salt
1 sheet nori seaweed
tuna mayo filling
1 canned tuna (80g), drained
2 tablespoon cucumber pickles, chopped
1 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Soy sauce
1. Mix together the steamed rice with the salt. Finely chop the pickles.
2. Drain the oil from the canned tuna. Mix it together with soy sauce, mayo, black pepper and the chopped pickles.
3. Place a quarter of the steamed rice (step 1) onto the plastic wrap. Add 1 tablespoons worth of tuna-mayo filling on top. Close it with another quarter of the steamed rice. Wrap it up and make a triangle shape. Repeat the same process for another one.
4. Wrap up the onigiri with a sheet of nori seaweed just before you eat. Now it's ready to be enjoyed.
・For the soy sauce, depending on which product you use, the sodium content differs. Please adjust the taste by adding more or less soy sauce and salt.
・Make sure the rice is sushi rice.
<Recommended side dish>
Keep them in an air-tight container for 1 day. If you keep them in the fridge, the rice ball will get dry easily. It is ok to leave it at room temperature for a couple hours if the room isn't too hot.
- First E-cookbooks are now available！ I hope this will be helpful and enjoyable in your kitchen^^
-Please check out beautiful Japanese tableware to decorate your table! Use my code MIWA to get 5% off from your purchase!
-If you need very sharp quality knife, I highly recommend this handmade Japanese knife made by 80 years old Japanese maker!